2025 Infamous Diseases Read-A-Long
Introduction and Information
Salutations Readers,
Last year I saw someone on Instagram post a themed reading challenge/plan. It was a non-fiction historical theme and one of the books discussed scurvy. Long story short, I've always been fascinated with historical diseases, especially the Black Death, so I thought this would be the perfect opportunity to read all about diseases to my dark heart's content.
Most of the diseases are historical and I tried to stick to diseases that have quite a bit of infamy, would offer numerous book options and that I had heard of, obviously. That being said, this is not an exhaustive list.
I wanted to match most month's diseases and book selections to a holiday, or rough theme for that particular month. Here is where I would like to preface that I have a darker sense of humor that won't be appreciated by everyone. However, this isn't a requirement, so please feel free to read the books in any order you like.
This will be a very relaxed, hopefully fun and interesting challenge. The only rule is that in order to be eligible for the grand prize, you will need to read a book for every disease on the list.
Speaking of the grand prize, I thought it would be really fun to have a prize for this because why not? I don't know exactly what will be included, but the goodies will include a book of your choosing (within reason, so don't ask for a first edition Jane Austen) and other on-theme items. Depending on how many people participate, I'll change the number of prizes.
I'll make a separate post with the diseases and book selections. You aren't required to read the same books, but in order to be eligible for the grand prize, you are required to read a book for each disease.
I look forward to the read-a-long and I'd love it if you join me. Let me know if you have any questions or suggestions!
Cheers,
Creepella
Comments
Post a Comment